Mount Rigi Railways Safety Concept
When travelling, we advise all passengers to please follow the safety measures in place for public transportation (SBB) as well as the hygiene recommendations published by the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (BAG). Mount Rigi Railways has developed ist own set of safety measures, following the lead of the SBB and BAG in the process. These measures rely heavily on the personal responsibility and solidarity demonstrated by customers of Mount Rigi Railways. As of May 11th, 2020, you are kindly requested to acknowledge and adhere to the following safety measures:
Mount Rigi Railways Safety Concept – For your protection and for ours
- Our safety concept reflects the operational implementation of the decisions taken by the Swiss Federal Council as a component of the national «re-opening» strategy and the gradual expansion of public transportation services across the country. This safety concept will go into force on May 11, 2020.
- The established list of recommended hygiene measures by the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (BAG) are still valid.
- If distancing requirements cannot be maintained, we strongly recommend the use of a protective mask.
- These policies are valid across the entire network of trains operated by Mount Rigi Railways. These safety measures are not otherwise obligatory during your visit to Mount Rigi (outside of the railway carriages and stations). Every restaurant located on Mount Rigi is responsible for devising and implementing their own safety concept that conforms with the guidelines of the Swiss Federal Council.
- All guests have the opportunity to wash their hands at any of the public toilets located at railway stations on Mount Rigi.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be located at the entrance to all trains as well as in all shops and service points operated by Mount Rigi Railways.
- Guests will be encouraged to pay by card whenever possibile in order to avoid cash transactions.
- Guests to Mount Rigi are personally responsible for their own protective material (including protective masks, hand-sanitizer, etc). Mount Rigi Railways will provide such articles for purchase but is not responsible for providing such materials free-of-charge.
- If is not possible to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from the next person, we strongly recommend the use of a protective mask. Mask use is however not obligatory. All guests to Mount Rigi are responsible for bringing their own masks.
- Staff members of Mount Rigi Railways will be required to wear protective masks if they perform roles that do not allow them to always maintain at least 2 meters` distance from guests.
- The driver`s cabins will remain closed until further notice.
- Maintaining 2 meters distance during the boarding process will not always be possible, We rely on guests to do their utmost to maintain a safe distance whenever possible.
- Mount Rigi Railways asks all guests to assume personal responsibility and to act in a considerate fashion towards other guests and Mount Rigi Railways staff members.
- We also appeal to all guests to ensure that distancing and seat distribution within the train carriage occurs to the fullest extent possible.
- We strongly recommend that guests purchase their tickets in advance in ordert to avoid congestion and queueing at the Mount Rigi ticket counters and in the shops and service centers. Mount Rigi Railways staff will advise guests of these possibilities and will issue on-the-spot tickets in exceptional cases only.
- Tickets will be checked by Mount Rigi Railways staff prior to boarding in order to avoid the need to check/sell tickets in the train during the journey itself.
- Given the current situation, we will take further action to increase the frequency of cleaning measures within our trains. The focus of these measures will be on contact surfaces such as door knobs and rails within the cabins.
- These quick cleaning measures will be conducted multiple times per day during the turnaround time at the valley and summit stations of Mount Rigi Railways