Ten tips for a perfect winter excursion – includes something for everyone
Summer is not the only time when Rigi is worth a visit – it offers a multitude of enjoyable activities in winter as well. As soon as the Queen of the Mountains is clothed for winter, the surroundings are transformed into a wintry paradise with majestic snow-covered trees and vistas of pristine white splendour. Here are 10 tips to help you make the most of a trip to Rigi’s winter wonderland. There is definitely something for everyone:
1) For those who like to be on the move and enjoy the view. Follow the winter panoramic hiking trail from Rigi Kaltbad to Rigi Scheidegg and drink in the breath-taking expansive views of the Alps.
2) For those who love fun and action. Drag your sledge out the cellar, ride up to Rigi Scheidegg/Burggeist in the aerial cable car and then race down the exciting sledge run from Burggeist to Gschwänd.
3) For fans of ice skating and Alpine curling. Spend a fun afternoon on the natural ice rink in Rigi Kaltbad. Whether you choose ice skating, with skates for hire at the Sport Kiosk in Rigi Kaltbad, or try your hand at Alpine curling, fun is fully guaranteed.
4) For culinary connoisseurs. Order a delicious fondue or raclette cheese speciality at one of Rigi’s welcoming restaurants and then enjoy it surrounded by the cosy, winter atmosphere.
5) For wellness fans. Book a visit to the Mineralbad & Spa mineral baths in Rigi Kaltbad, including a massage, and luxuriate in the winter scenes around you from the warmth of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
6) For night owls. Try skiing by moonlight under a starry sky with the “Full-Moon Night Skiing” excursion on the Seebodenalp. On selected dates, the ski lift operates until late at night and enables skiers to experience unique moments on the slopes.
7) For nature lovers. Strap your snowshoes on and tramp through deep snow while breathing in the fresh mountain air and enjoying nature in all its wintry wonder – either on your own or with an expert Rigi guide.
8) For snowsports fans. Experience an exciting winter day on your skis or snowboard. The three different ski areas on Rigi invite you to try out your skills on the slopes – whether you are a beginner or expert.
9) For bon vivants. Enjoy a relaxing sleigh ride from Rigi Kaltbad to Rigi First, followed by a delicious fondue in the “Bärenstube” restaurant, and then walk off your dinner as you head back to Rigi Kaltbad on foot.
10) For the romantic at heart. Experience “Swimming by Candlelight” at the Mineralbad & Spa mineral baths special event while savouring the appetisers, Prosecco and additional treatments available.