The cable car Kräbel-Rigi Scheidegg was totally rebuilt in 2017. More comfort, more space, new technologies, but the same track: up to Rigi Scheidegg where you enjoy one of the most amazing panoramic views.
A stone's throw away: the cable car from Kräbel, just a few minutes' drive up above Goldau, takes you up to Rigi Scheidegg in just 6 minutes. This popular destination is centrally located and easy to reach from all parts of Switzerland.
When you reach the top, you'll find a year-round paradise for family days out: barbecue sites, a playground, three cosy and family-friendly mountain restaurants, themed walks and the Ark viewpoint with its revolving bench. Rigi Scheidegg is also the starting point for longer hikes. The panoramic footpath to Rigi Kaltbad is particularly popular. This is a 7 kilometre-long accessible high-altitude footpath to Rigi Kaltbad, which can be walked with a push-chair or walking frame. Rigi Scheidegg is a popular starting point for various circular walks connecting to Rigi Bahnen mountain railways.
In winter, the 7 kilometre-long panoramic footpath to Rigi Kaltbad is one of the region's main attractions. With the Scheidegg-Burggeist skiing area - which has one ski lift and two children's lifts - a cross-country skiing trail to Rigi Kaltbad and snowshoe walks in all directions, there is guaranteed winter sports fun for all.
- Day ticket Mt. Rigi Railways: Full fare = CHF 72.00, Half fare travelcard & local = CHF 36.00
- Free travel for Swiss Pass (GA travel card) or Swiss Travel Pass holders
- 50% discount for hotel guests staying overnight on Mt. Rigi
- 20% discount with the Lake Lucerne region visitors’ card for Weggis Vitznau Rigi and Schwyz (cannot be combined with other discounts)
- All children until and with the age of 15 accompanied by an adult travel free of charge on the Mount Rigi railways (not valid for groups or school classes).
- Children under 16 years of age travelling alone pay the half-fare travelcard price.
- Groups: special conditions apply, advance reservation required