Exclusive: alpine hut fun with cheese-making
They're still there... the old men of the alps, familiar to us from Heidi! Rigi farmer Franz Toni meets visitors at Rigi Kulm and escorts them to his alpine farm - the Chäserenholz. There, everyone first prepares their cosy nest in the hay.
After a wholesome snack, Franz Toni introduces the visitors to Mt. Rigi to the secrets of making cheese by hand. Under his expert guidance, they make a genuine Rigi mountain cheese. In the evening, visitors enjoy a traditional alpine BBQ outside the hut. Next morning, these adventurous souls awake to a hearty alpine breakfast. Then they are free to spend the rest of the day as they wish.
Available daily from May – September on request
WHAT WE OFFER
- Up- and downhill travel by regular service train (to Rigi Kulm, from Rigi Staffel)
- Make your own cheese or butter
- Alpine BBQ with salad buffet
- Accommodation in the hay (bring a sleeping bag)
- Breakfast in the Chäserenholzhütte
- Pick-up and guidance from Rigi Kulm
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- Alpen-Bowle as a welcome drink (fruit drink with alcohol)
- Surcharge Alpen Barbecue with Hohrückensteak
- Fondue or Raclette
- Alpine magrons
- Care and shipping cheese
- Torch-lit hike
- Overnight stay in a mattress camp (bring your own sleeping bag)
- Overnight stay in own room with duvet
GOOD TO KNOW
From 10 persons
From 21 to 40 persons: flat rate surcharge per group CHF 350.-
Groups under 10 people please contact Franz Toni directly under the telephone number +41 41 855 02 06.
GOOD TO KNOW
CHF 140.80 per person (exclusive drinks)
The offered prices are valid under reserve. We would be pleased to make you an individual offer for your Alpine Weekend.