Fun for the whole family
MOunt Rigi south side safari
Discover the south side of Rigi in a variety of ways: by boat, aerial cableway, minibus, public bus, cogwheel railroad and on an easy, panoramic hike. Thanks to the playgrounds, fireplaces, plenty of space to run around as well as the beautiful views along the whole route, the Rigi South Side Safari is the perfect offer for a day trip with the whole family.
The mountain bus from Gersau will take you to Obergschwend, where you will take the cable car to Rigi Burggeist. Here, the cozy mountain inn Rigi-Burggeist invites you to take a short break. Now you start the hike to Rigi Scheidegg, where the «Arche» rewards you with a 360° panoramic view. Continue on the panoramic path to Rigi Kaltbad-First. With the oldest rack railroad in Europe you continue to Vitznau. You can round off this sunny round trip with a leisurely boat trip on Lake Lucerne or the return journey to Gersau by AAGS bus.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ROUND TRIP
- Easy hike along the barrier-free Panoramaweg - in summer easily accessible with strollers. In winter possible with snowshoes.
- Playgrounds at Rigi Scheidegg, Rigi Burggeist and Rigi Kaltbad
- In winter sledging fun at Rigi Burggeist
- Covered, maintained fireplaces along the way (Grueben)
- Other catering options in the restaurants along the way
- One ticket - all inclusive, the ride with the mountain bus no. 535 Gersau - Obergschwend is included
TIMETABLE MINIBUS GERSAU - OBERGSCHWEND
The minibus is operating at the following times:
*Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday
The Rigi South Side Safari can be booked daily until further notice.
Tickets can be booked below.