Enjoy never-ending nature
Below you will find the most important information about wild camping on and around the Queen of the Mountains.
Wild camping is generally not permitted in the cantons of Schwyz and Lucerne.
- In principle, the consent of the respective landowner must be obtained in advance for camping, bivouacking or parking the motorhomes, campers, etc. Information about the land owner must be requested from the municipality.
- Short-term camping in the forest is permitted with the consent of the respective landowner. However, driving motor vehicles on forest roads for this purpose is prohibited.
CAMPING ON MOUNT RIGI
- Individual overnight stays (not in groups) in the mountains, above the timberline (if you stay several nights during the day, take down the tent again)
- On private land with permission of the landowner
- Emergency bivouacking
RULES OF CONDUCT FOR WILD CAMPERS
- Respect nature, choose a suitable place
- Be considerate of wild animals, avoid noise
- Leave the place as you found it
- Take all waste with you
- Do not light a fire, it is dangerous and disturbs the wildlife
- Use nearby toilet facilities