The parish church of St. Marzellus Gersau can look back on an interesting past with its extensive history and numerous renovations and new buildings.
Official content of
The first church was built in 1179. The history of this church is extensive and there were various additions, conversions and new buildings. The present building has existed since 1807. The experienced Br. Jakob Natter, whom the hermit prince abbot Beat Küttel from Gersau had mediated, was the master builder. The parish church was renovated in 2012. The impressive and bright church offers a great space for a ceremony like a wedding. The church seats around 350 people.