Exclusive: Cherry sarcophagus visit
IIn Oberarth, in the ancestral home of the Fassbind family from the 15th century, the first vintage cherry house in the world was opened in 2019. At its heart - the walk-in cherry sarcophagus - are the largest Swiss cherry rarities from two centuries.
Brands such as ETTER, DETTLING, FASSBIND, but also cherry brandies from distilleries that have long since closed down are carefully stored, nurtured and cared for here. They can be purchased in the cherry atelier.
The vintage cherry house is also the founder's house of the Rigi-Kirsch.
During a visit to this unique, historical site you can taste vintage cherry brandies from four different decades.
- Welcome and reception in the Renaissance parlour from 1664
- Visit to the vintage cherry cellar, significance of the vintage cherry
- Visit of the cherry sarcophagus
- Tasting of vintage cherry brandies, from 4 different decades such as: 2003, 1990, 1980, 1979 in the cherry atelier
- Unique opportunity to purchase exclusive vintage cherry brandies in the Kirsch-Atelier
Fr. 300.00 up to 20 persons, from 20 persons Fr. 15.00 per person
All year round (except Sundays, local and national holidays)
Reservation required at www.kirschstrasse.ch
Up to 50 persons (Larger groups on request)
PLACE OF EXECUTION
Kirschstrasse Schweiz GmbH
(in the head office of the Fassbind family from 1550)